Vote No on B.O. SaturdayJanuary 11, 2019
NF Board of Selectmen Approves Budget; Town Meeting Set for Jan. 24 for Economic Development Commission Ordinance VoteJanuary 18, 2019
When you receive your property tax bill or pay your personal property taxes this year, the New Fairfield town and education budgets are most likely not uppermost in your mind. Yet, these two budgets are where your tax dollars are being spent. Want to know how and where to express your opinion on the budgets?
Even though the town and education budgets are not voted on until May, the planning of the budget is taking place now. That means this is the time to get included and make sure your priorities are reflected in the budget. There are several ways to get involved and stay informed:
- Workshops in the Town Hall Conference Room on January 7, 9, 10, 12, 14, 15, 16, 17 and 22. There will be multiple workshops held for different town departments, such as public works, parks and recreation, finance, etc. Calling Town Hall at 312-5600 to check the schedule is also advised as there are sometimes schedule changes.
- Attend meetings of the Board of Selectman, the Board of Education, and the Board of Finance. You can listen to discussion on any budget agenda items and also speak during the public comment periods. Full schedules of meetings for town bodies can be found at http://www.newfairfield.org/meetings/boards-and-commissions and at http://www.newfairfieldschools.org/board-of-ed for the Board of Education meetings.
- Directly contact a board or commission. Many commissions and boards can be contacted through their specific board page on www.newfairfield.org. Click on “Meetings” then “Boards and Commissions”
- Public meetings held in the Community Room are recorded and aired live on Charter channel 194. They are also available to view at your convenience at www.newfairfield.org. Click on “About New Fairfield” then “New Fairfield TV on the Web”
- Budget Public Hearings are scheduled on March 2, 6, 13, 20, 27, and April 3.
- Write to the Board of Finance at email@example.com.
Don’t wait till March to find out what the budget is all about. Jump into the process now to get, and stay, informed throughout the budget season.